Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It takes Boeing 12 hours to attach the wings to the fuselage.
- If they aren’t correctly attached the plane doesn’t move to the next phase of assembly.
- These ‘dihedral’ wings make the plane more stable.
- High wings allow trucks to drive underneath and allow the fuselage to be close to the ground for loading.
- The ’swept’ wing design is used in modern jets because is creates less drag and works better at high altitudes.