Using this Website to Improve your English
- Start with a listening text. Go to the bottom of this page and under the ‘Categories’ section, select ‘Audio’.
Find an audio with a level of 3+ and listen to it. You can listen once, or more times if you want. How much did you understand? Did you understand all of the words and phrases, or just the general ideas in the listening?
- After you listen, write a short text about what your understood. You don’t need to use the same words as the listening, you can use your words but with the same ideas.
- After your write your text you can compare your text with the original text. You can find the original by searching for it’s title in the ‘Find it here’ window in the right sidebar.
- After you compare the original text with your text, you can record yourself speaking about the same topic. Again, you don’t need to use the same words as the listening, but the same ideas. You can write a few difficult words or phrases from the original text and use them when speaking to help you with your speaking. This can be a good way to learn new vocabulary or phrases and is good speaking practice, even though you’re not speaking to another person. It will help you to remember your new words and phrases and to reinforce the words and phrases you already know.
- Read a text related to aviation if the listening texts are easy for you. Links are published daily on Fly High English’s social media pages with aviation related stories.
The linked stories are from other sources and Fly High English selects some of the most interesting and important stories to read each week. These texts are usually ICAO language proficiency level 5+.
When you read a text you can choose some new vocabulary or expressions to learn. Add them to your vocabulary notebook or vocabulary cards to study.
- Watch a video if the listening texts are easy for you. Go to the bottom of this page and under the ‘Categories’ section, click ‘Video’.
The videos on this website are from other sources and Fly High English adds questions and answers to these videos. These videos are usually ICAO language proficiency level 5+.
When you watch a video you can try to answer the questions and then check your answers. You can most easily find the answers by searching for the title of the video in the ‘Find it here’ window in the right sidebar. You can also choose some new vocabulary or expressions to learn. Add them to your vocabulary notebook or vocabulary cards to study.
Click here to see the classes and courses available on Fly High English to help you reach your objectives or contact us for more information or to request your free evaluation.