Think about the following questions and take some notes
- What do you know about COVID-19 and its effect on the aviation industry?
- How has it affected you and your work / personal life? What has changed?
- What do you think will happen in the future?
Watch the video
Watch the video below and answer the following questions.
- What global consequence is the journalist talking about for aviation?
- What obligation for some airlines does he mention?
Help: If you found the listening too difficult you can read the text below.
- What verb does the journalist use to talk about the obligation to airlines?
- What other verbs do you know to talk about different kinds of obligations?
- Make a list of these verb forms and then write some sentences to talk about different kinds of obligations you have in your work and personal life.
- What words are used to talk about the reason for something?
- What words are used to talk about the effect of something?
These words to talk about ‘the reason for something’ and ‘the effect of something’ are commonly used ‘connecting’ words. They help the listening to understand the connection between the previous information and the next bit of information. Try to write some of your own sentences in relation to the reason for things and the effect of certain actions / situations.
Look at the notes you took and thing about what the journalist in the video said. Record yourself speaking about COVID-19 and its effects. Try to use the obligation words you noticed above. Also try to use the ‘connecting’ words too. Listen to your recording and try to correct any mistakes you hear, after that record your audio again.
To study some vocabulary related to COVID-19 click here.