Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It speeds up the ageing process of a plane to test what kinds of structural problems it will have over its lifetime.
- The plane aged 25 years in one year (due to the testing process).
- The tests involve twisting and turning, pushing and pulling the aircraft in different directions.
- Their goal is to identify problems that will occur later in the lifetime of the plane and to be able to plan for, or prevent those problems.
- There are currently five fatigue test programs in operation.
- Teams can learn for each other’s successes and mistakes.