Here’s an interesting video that describes the wing design for the 777X, Boeing’s latest update to the 777 family.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What wing shape increases aerodynamic lift the most?
- What comparison does the video make between a glider and the 777X?
- How much bigger will the 777X wing be when compared to the current 777?
- Why is the folding wingtip very important to Boeing’s design?
- What is the new wing made of?
Have a great weekend!!
The amazing, carbon composites glider-like wings of the 777X are longer and more efficient changing how we fly. Boeing innovates at http://www.boeing.com/innovation/ What’s Boeing’s latest innovation?