This week’s video that describes how military aircraft are able to refuel in mid-air and continue their missions.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What speed and distance are the aircraft from each other during the refuelling?
- Why is air refuelling necessary?
- How fast do they pump fuel to the other plane?
- What does the air refuelling operator have to be careful of?
- What technological advances have made the operator’s job easier?
Have a great weekend!
The KC-46A Pegasus tanker is changing the game in air refueling. A revolutionary air refueling operator station (AROS), that displays images in super-high definition, monochromatic 3D, is enabling the US Air Force to conduct refueling like never before.