Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It allows control of both pitch and roll.
- If both pilots use their side sticks at the same time the computer sums up the inputs, however the sum is limited to the maximum deflection of a single side stick.
- There will be a green flashing side stick priority light and a continuous aural warning of ‘dual input’.
- It has two switches; a dual function autopilot disconnect switch which can also be used as a priority takeover push button. At the front of the side stick is a communication push to talk switch.
- When the autopilot is engaged the side stick is locked in a neutral position. This can be heard and felt by a click but can also be overridden with sufficient pressure if necessary.