Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- According to the video, 4,000 – 5,000 hours are necessary.
- The PICUS program allows co-pilots to gain experience in command from the right seat of the plane.
- After the PICUS program you have to do the captain’s assessment and an interview with the chief pilot and a psychologist.
- They focus on getting used to flying in the left seat.
- The co-pilot remains silent during this training to simulate a co-pilot with little experience.
- Some airlines normally put more experienced co-pilots to fly with newly qualified captains for an initial period of 300 hours.