Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Its maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) is 442 metric tons.
- Its capacity is 238,610 litres of fuel.
- It uses 4 litres of fuel per second.
- The 747-8 is much more inefficient according to this comparison.
- After factoring in the passengers on board and calculating efficiency per person per kilometre, the 747-8 uses around 0.04 litres per 0.6 kilometres per person (based on 500 people on board), which makes it more fuel efficient than a car with 4 people inside it.