Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- They wanted to improve fuel efficiency by 2%.
- They olympic athlete wears very light shoes to improve performance, Boeing took the same approach with the 777, making small individual improvements which added together, helped to achieve their goal.
- They removed 15,000 to 20,000 washers to save 117lbs.
- They were replaced with the new rubber technology to reduce their weight (in total) by 110lbs.
- Originally, they weren’t completely smooth against the flow of air, so that was fixed and helped to improve performance.