This week’s video describes a little about the history of ETOPS and how they came into existence. Watch the video to find out more.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Why were twin-engine planes unable to fly direct routes?
- Why weren’t big four-engine planes put on more routes?
- Why did trijets initially become popular?
- Where did the sixty-minute rule come from?
- What does an airline need, beyond an ETOPS rated plane, to actually fly ETOPS routes?
- What are some of the biggest ETOPS ratings nowadays?
- What effect has bigger ETOPS ratings had on the bigger-jet market?
Have a great weekend!
Support Wendover Productions and get 10% off your order at Hover by using the link: http://hover.com/wendover & the code “wendover” at checkout Check out my new podcast with Brian from Real Engineering: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/showmakers/id1224583218?mt=2 (iTunes link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_10vJJqf2ZK0lWrb5BXAPg (YouTube link) Support Wendover Productions on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wendoverproductions Get a Wendover Productions t-shirt for