This week’s video describes why the 737 engines have their iconic shape.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- When was the original 737 designed?
- What characteristic made it easier to be loaded with baggage?
- When did this characteristic become an issue for the design of the plane?
- What was the solution to this issue?
- How is this issue affected by the landing procedure?
- Why is the engine a lot wider than it is high?
- How is the ground clearance different on the MAX?
Have a great weekend!
Have you ever noticed that the lower part of the Boeing 737NG engines appear flat? What is the reason for this and a few more interesting details will be covered in todays video. Enjoy!