This week’s video describes why the 737 doesn’t have landing-gear doors and why that works.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What made Boeing decide not to use landing-gear doors?
- What are some of disadvantages of landing-gear doors?
- Is the 737 landing gear completely uncovered?
- What did Boeing do to reduce the drag created by the exposed tyres.
- What happens if this solution is lost?
- What solution did Boeing create to prevent objects being thrown into the wheel-well bay?
- What happens to the main landing gear wheels as they’re retracted?
- Why doesn’t icing affect the tyres as the aircraft is in flight?
Follow us on twitter here, Facebook here or Google+ here for more great content!
Have a great weekend!
Why does the Boeing 737 not have any landing-gear doors?
Paid promotion: https://brilliant.org/mentourpilot/ Have you ever seen a Boeing 737 take off and noticed that the wheels are still visible after the gear has been retracted? In this video I will tell you all about the reason for this, the aerodynamic impact and some protection systems that you might not know about.