Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
1. The 70th annual general meeting of IATA.
2. To discuss the future of aviation.
3. When a plane is 250 nautical miles from land, radar coverage starts to fade, and planes are alone.
4. By using high frequency radio.
5. They changed to a satellite system called AICARS, which has an automatic tracking system which sends data (on Air France planes) every ten minutes.
6. Cost, and the fact that it’s not an obligation.
7. Free satellite tracking of planes every 15 minutes via its satellite system.
8. Up to $10,000 a plane and then extra for the cost of sending data to the satellite.