Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- He says that it’s just the half-way point for its entry into service with an airline
- There are 3 certification phases; the testing before the plane flies, the flight tests, and the route proving is the final phase.
- Five planes were needed because there were so many tests to do and Airbus wanted to keep the program on schedule.
- The plane was tested under very cold weather conditions, high operating altitudes, high airports and hot weather conditions. Test were also done to the structure, aerodynamics and brakes.
- This phases involves proving that the plane can be operated in a normal airline environment; carrying passengers, servicing the plane, doing short and long flights with normal turnaround times and operating in a variety of airport and environmental conditions.
- 2,500 documents.
- September 2014, so they were able to maintain their schedule exactly as they planned.
As an extra activity, try taking about the certification process for the A350, record yourself and listen to check your mistakes. Use some new vocabulary that you heard from the video.