Here’s an interesting video that shows the wing testing process that the Airbus A350 had to pass.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
Have a great weekend!!
- How much steel is there in the cage around the plane?
- What do they plan to do to the wings?
- How many sensors do they have to record data?
- When the maximum load is applied to the wing, what is its displacement?
- How much do they pressurise the aircraft?
Follow us on twitter here or Facebook here for more great content!
Pushing the A350 XWB to the brink
Airbus’ thorough programme of static ground testing — including mechanical load and pressurisation evaluations — proves the A350 XWB’s structural limits before the aircraft can make its first flight.