Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It’s the fastest, highest flying, largest capacity and longest range twin-engine plane they have ever built.
- It has about 2 degrees more sweep than the A330 and with the curved winglet and other features, it keeps the aircraft flying very smoothly at .85 Mach.
- It’s the preferred cruise speed for long-range aircraft.
- Each engine produces 84,200lbs of thrust.
- To name a few things, It has six displays in the panel, optional head-up displays, left and right side-sticks (which don’t provide tactile or visual feedback of the other pilot’s inputs). It has centrally located thrust levers and keyboard and cursor control devices.
- The plane was at 75% of its maximum takeoff weight so they used reduced thrust to save engine wear.
- It’s going to give Boeing’s best planes some tough competition.