With all the talk of AirAsia and black boxes this week, we though it would be interesting to take a look at a place where black boxes are listened to, a black box investigation centre. What do investigators listen for? Who has access to these recordings? Watch the video to find out!
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
Have a great weekend!!
- How many of these centres exist around Europe?
- What’s special about the door?
- Which part of the black boxes contain the information that investigators want?
- Why are four speakers used in the room?
- Who’s allowed in the room where they listen to the recordings?
- What else, beyond the voices, do investigators listen for?
- What’s the procedure if a black box has been recovered from water?