Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Fuel cells in the propulsion system of small unmanned air vehicles.
- It’s used to break the water molecules into hydrogen that gets stored, compressed and put onto the aircraft as a fuel source.
- Eight to nine hours.
- She describes them as a very efficient fuel source that produces heat, electricity and water from the electrochemical reaction between hydrogen and air.
- With fuel cells, there’s less noise and vibrations, there’s less thermal signature from the plane, there’s increased endurance compared to battery-powered UAVs, and increased reliability compared to internal combusion-engine powered UAVs.
- They don’t produce any emissions, it’s a totally sustainable process.