Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 4+
- Lift, gravity, thrust and drag are the primary forces that act on a plane.
- When the force of lift created is equal to the force of gravity pulling the plane down, the plane will stay in the air.
- It helps it to smash into more air molecules and create lift, which if greater than the force of gravity, help to plane to fly.
- The engines overpower the force of drag and move the plane forward.
- They’re similar because an engine contains lots of little wings (fan blades) which generate horizontal lift, or more commonly called, thrust.