Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
1. The de Havilland Comet.
2. Summer 1949.
3. The speed of air travel doubled.
4. They were extremely proud of their achievement. (‘I can’t tell you how pround we all were, and what it meant to us and our families’)
5. January 1954.
6. A Comet disintegrated in-flight and 35 people died.
7. April 1954.
8. The world fleet of Comets was grounded.
9. They put it in a tank filled with water.
10. They discovered a fuselage failure at a point of high stress.
11. They redesigned the structure with thicker skin, more frames, better joints and better fastenings.
12. Yes, the new plane performed flawlessly.