Here’s an interesting video that describes the rise of the world’s first jet airliner.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level: 5+
Have a great weekend!!
1. According to the video, what was the world’s first jet airliner?
2. When did it make its maiden flight?
3. How much did the speed of air travel increase when the plane entered service?
4. How did the people involved in building the plane feel?
5. When did the problems start with the plane?
6. What happened?
7. When did a very similar event happen?
8. What happened to the fleet after the second event?
9. How did they replicate the plane’s in-flight strain for testing?
10. What did they discover?
11. What did the team do to overcome this discovery?
12. Was the team successful in its efforts?
To read more about the Comet, click here.