Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Eurocontrol provides air traffic management services to 43 air navigation service providers, more than 500 airports and more than 1,000 airlines over the network.
- If a flight plan is rejected, it’s handed over to people who resolve the problem in coordination with the airline.
- Before an aircraft gets to a runway, ground control is responsible for it.
- It monitors upper airspace above 24,500ft over Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and north-west Germany.
- They have to maintain a minimum of 1,000ft of vertical separation and 5nm of horizontal separation.
- The controller has influence over the speed, altitude and direction of each flight.
- If there is an air traffic control delay, airlines can wait or they can choose an alternative route that would be more costly.