Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Runway Overrun Prevention System.
- It’s an important system because runway excursions during landing are the most common aviation accident so it contributes significantly to safety.
- During approach and landing, it continually monitors whether the plane can land safely on the remaining runway.
- It has access to all of the parameters that affect the landing distance of the aircraft, as well as to a runway database.
- It can instantly take into account changing conditions that affect the stopping distance of the aircraft.
- With the ROPS system on the A350, pilots have the ability to specifically input the current conditions of the runway.