Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- No they aren’t real. In reality they’re contrails which are mostly made of ice.
- It needs what is described as a seed, something cold to help the water vapour begin crystallising.
- They also add more water to the air.
- There’ll be no contrail if it’s too dry or warm.
- The quantity of moisture already in the air determines how long the contrails last.
- They’re created by a drop in pressure from a plane’s wingtip as it passes through the air.
Follow us on twitter here, Facebook here or Google+ here for more great content!