Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It means that you carry enough fuel to perform your next flight and the one after that without the need to refuel.
- The disadvantage is that your fuel consumption increases by carrying more fuel than necessary.
- It’s not an issue because when you tanker, you’re already adding more fuel than needed for contingency, alternate and final reserve fuel for the first flight.
- The cost is an extra 36kg fuel burn per 1000kg of fuel.
- It’s advantageous because the airline can save on the cost of fuel at the destination if it’s remote or more expensive for another reason. Tankering can also be advantageous because it can give airlines a faster turnaround time.