Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 4+
- You don’t get food, newspapers, a generous baggage allowance, passenger lounge access or frequent flier miles.
- LCCs use planes that are more efficient and use single-type fleets to keep maintenance and training costs down.
- Single-class seats are used, which allow budget airlines to have space for more passengers.
- They oversell their flights knowing that a percentage of passengers won’t make the flight, allowing them to make more money on each flight.
- They can buy food, wifi, blankets and souvenirs.
- They choose secondary airports which are less busy. They also don’t use jetways, allowing them to save time and keep their planes in the air for longer each day.