Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Air is pulled into the engine and is pushed out the back at a great speed.
- It’s an engine where the majority of the air sucked into it doesn’t pass through the compressor, combustor or turbines, but passes these parts to be ejected directly into the exhaust stream.
- It uses less fuel and is therefore more efficient.
- They turn the turbines and its shaft, which drives the compressor and fan.
- In truth, it’s team work, the air that passes through the engine provides the energy to drive the engine, and the air that bypasses the engine provides most of the thrust to move the plane forward. But neither could exist without the other.