Here’s an interesting video that describes how an engine works.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- In it’s most basic form, how does the engine produce thrust, according to the video?
- What is a high bypass engine?
- What advantage does this engine have over others in relation to fuel efficiency?
- What do the hot gases do after they leave the combustion chamber?
- According to the video, which does most of the work, the air that bypasses the engine, or the air that passes through the compressor, combustor and turbines?
Have a great weekend!!
We don’t even think twice any more about taking an airplane to get from one place to another, but do you know what it takes to power an airplane? Plunge into the incredible world of jet engines and see how they work.