Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It was flown to Japan because its pilot wanted to defect to the West.
- It had a high wing, swept back at 42 degrees, two tail fins and two ventral fins.
- One of two materials had to be used; titanium or steel.
- Aluminium parts can be fixed with rivets while high tensile steel has to be fixed by welding.
- It had to heat resistant and maintain its properties at high temperatures.
- It was a reconnaissance version of the fighter.
- Water in the fuel froze, almost causing the plane to crash.
- The designers enlarged the tail fins to resolve the issue.
- During missile launches the plane would sometimes roll on its back and dive steeply.