This week’s video describes the Mig-25, the most powerful interceptor in the former USSR. Watch the video to find out more about it.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Why was the Mig-25 flown to Japan in 1976?
- What were some of the main design characterises of the Mig-25?
- What solutions existed to the extreme temperature experienced by the plane at its maximum speeds?
- What’s one of the main differences between fixing aluminium parts and steel parts?
- What was different about the fuel for the Mig-25?
- What was the first prototype’s purpose?
- What was the problem during its maiden flight?
- What solution was found to the directional-stability-at-high-speed issue?
- What problem was found to occur during missile launches?
Have a great weekend!