Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It’s forty years old.
- There’s a hole in the fuselage to allow SOFIA to do its work.
- It stands for ‘stratospheric observatory for infrared astronomy’.
- They thought it was crazy because it was extremely challenging and there were many problems.
- It’s different because it looks at ultraviolet light while SOFIA looks at infrared light.
- SOFIA is flexible because different kinds of instruments can be placed on board to make different kinds of observations, and because it’s a flying telescope, it can be positioned anywhere in the world.