Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- They were hired to care for queasy passengers during turbulent flights.
- It was common because planes could only fly as high as the air was breathable, around 9,000ft, and at this altitude there is much more turbulence than at higher altitudes.
- Their solution was a pressurised plane.
- The cabin pressure regulator was key to the development of the pressurised cabin.
- The sudden stop in the production of the 307 was caused by the start of World War 2.