Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- The cabins were unpressurised, the propellers were limited and the engines were unreliable. Navigation was sometimes imprecise, and there were no radios to communicate.
- Jet engines, voice transmission, air traffic control centres and advanced navigation aids.
- They made planes more powerful and reliable. They also allowed more people to travel to new destinations for fun, which helped create the idea of the charter flight.
- They helped to make auto pilots better, improve navigation and introduced a new generation of simulators.
- It allows crews to make the best use of resources available to safely manage a flight.