Here’s an interesting video that talks about the history of aviation safety.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- When Atlantic crossings first started, what were some of the dangers?
- What technological improvements arrived in the 1950s?
- According to the video, what was the effect of the introduction of the turbofan jet engine?
- How did advances in computer technology improve aviation in the 1980s?
- According to the video, how does CRM improve safety?
Have a great weekend!!
Significant improvements in safety have been made since the start of commercial aviation, allowing it to become a trusted mode of transportation that connects people and boosts businesses. In this video Airbus recaps the key improvements which have made air travel safer and more reliable since the 1940s.