Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- They’re engineered to withstand 1.5 times the most extreme forces they would meet in flight.
- Aluminium was the standard material used by manufacturers in aircraft design for decades.
- It was their choice because it is lighter and much cheaper than titanium, which was another possibility.
- About 20% of a modern-day plane is pure aluminium.
- Nowadays manufactures like to use composites, which are light, flexible, strong, and can be easily moulded into complex shapes.
Follow us on twitter here, Facebook here or Google+ here for more great content!