Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- It’s called the no-show rate.
- They base their estimates on complicated systems that take into account the route and date.
- Many passengers miss their connections because 25% of domestic US flights arrive late.
- Passengers miss Sunday flights less because they are likely to be travelling for work on the following day.
- They choose passengers who have the ‘least merit’ to be on a flight or who have the ‘least value’ to the airline on paper. The computer will choose those people who checked in last or have a low or no frequent flier status.
- Passengers can check in early, even online, and get their boarding pass to help their chances of not being bumped off a flight. Having a frequent flier account, even with few points in it can also help make sure passengers fly on their flight.