This week’s video discusses the circumstances that made Boeing decide to build the 737.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What characteristics make the 737MAX different to other modern jets?
- What was the original plan for the 737 in 2011?
- Why was fuel efficiency less important for short-haul planes?
- What is changing in the way airlines are using narrowbody aircraft?
- What was the tipping point for Boeing in their decision in relation to the 737?
- Why would an airline want a less modern, less efficient 737?
- What key change did Boeing have to make to the plane to make it more efficient?
- Why was MCAS necessary?
- What was the likely cause of the Lion Air 737MAX crash?
Have a great weekend!
Create your own website easily at http://wix.com/go/wendover Subscribe to Half as Interesting (The other channel from Wendover Productions): https://www.youtube.com/halfasinteresting Get the Wendover Productions t-shirt: https://standard.tv/collections/wendover-productions/products/wendover-productions-shirt Support Wendover Productions on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wendoverproductions Youtube: http://www.YouTube.com/WendoverProductions Instagram: http://Instagram.com/sam.from.wendover Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/WendoverPro Email: email@example.com Reddit: http://Reddit.com/r/WendoverProductions Animation by Josh Sherrington Sound by Graham Haerther (http://www.Haerther.net)