This week’s video reports on the recent decision by the UK government to support the building of a third runway at Heathrow airport. Watch the video to find out what this means and what problems may lie ahead.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What effect will this decision have on the airport?
- How much is it going to cost?
- What do local residents think of the proposal?
- What has been happening to Heathrow’s global ranking in recent times?
- How has business suffered?
- What further delays could there be to the construction of the runway?
Have a great weekend!
The UK government has backed the construction of a third runway at Heathrow airport – ending 70 years of indecision. TRT World’s business programme looks at the financial news that affects ordinary people. Joel Flynn presents ‘Money Talks’ from TRT World’s studios in Istanbul.