This week’s video describes how airlines price their flights. Watch the video to find out how they do it.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Why was the New York to Los Angeles route chosen as the example?
- What is the cheapest fare on this route and why is it so cheap?
- What is interesting about the 2nd cheapest price category?
- Why would airlines drop their prices to a level that made them unprofitable?
- How does an airline decide when to increase the cost of a flight to higher category?
- Why is the return flight from New York to London cheaper than the one-way flight?
- Why do routes of similar distances have very different prices?
Have a great weekend!
Get 3 free meals from Blue Apron at http://cook.ba/2CdixUK Subscribe to Half as Interesting (The other channel from Wendover Productions): https://www.youtube.com/halfasinteresting Check out my podcast with Brian from Real Engineering: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/showmakers/id1224583218?mt=2 (iTunes link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_10vJJqf2ZK0lWrb5BXAPg (YouTube link) Support Wendover Productions on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wendoverproductions Get a Wendover Productions t-shirt for $20: https://store.dftba.com/products/wendover-productions-shirt