This week’s video describes how airports make money and why some are more profitable than others.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Who owns Heathrow airport?
- What is the break even point for per passenger revenue at Heathrow airport?
- Which kinds of passengers are more valuable?
- Where in the airport do passengers spend most money?
- Why do passengers spend more money at Heathrow airport than at other airports?
- What is the average cost for a flight which lands at Heathrow?
- What amount of a passenger’s ticket price does Heathrow receive?
- What aspect of Heathrow’s operation has a negative impact on domestic flights?
- Why do most airports lose money?
- Why do smaller airports charge airlines less than it costs to operate the airport?
Have a great weekend!
Watch the video I made for Squarespace: https://youtu.be/h3wWyaWpRtY Check out my new personal channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDA1X6RrhzZQOHOGvC3KsWg Get the Wendover Productions t-shirt: https://standard.tv/collections/wendover-productions/products/wendover-productions-shirt Subscribe to Half as Interesting (The other channel from Wendover Productions): https://www.youtube.com/halfasinteresting Support Wendover Productions on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wendoverproductions Youtube: http://www.YouTube.com/WendoverProductions Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/WendoverPro Email: email@example.com Reddit: http://Reddit.com/r/WendoverProductions Animation by Bard