Here’s an interesting video that describes a little about the history of toilets on planes and how they work.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- How did plane toilets in the 1920s and 30s work?
- What changed by the late 1930s?
- When were the modern, vacuum toilets introduced to planes?
- How do they work differently?
- Why do airlines like vacuum toilets?
- Can modern vacuum toilets, if used incorrectly, cause serious injury to a person?
- What is a more serious risk for passengers in plane toilets?
Have a great weekend!!
Greg Foot explains how plane toilets actually work and whether the urban myth of toilets being able to suck your insides out is true!