This week’s video reports on the world of smokejumpers, who are they and what do they do? Watch the video to find out.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What’s the best part of being a smokejumper for Ben?
- How much quiet time is there between the parachute opening and touching down?
- What kind of relationship does the team of smokejumpers have?
- How do the crews receive their equipment?
- What’s in the fire boxes?
- What other box do they receive?
- How do they try to stop a fire spreading?
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to BBC News www.youtube.com/bbcnews The BBC spends a day with California’s “smokejumpers”, the elite firefighters who parachute into the wilderness to get forest fires under control. Produced by the BBC’s Jack Garland.