Continuing from last week’s video about the food and clothing used on board Solar Impulse, here’s another video that describe the cockpit of the completely solar-powered plane.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What size is the cockpit?
- What were the most important factors in designing the cockpit?
- Why is an oxygen supply necessary above 3,000m?
- What is the minimum predicted temperature in the cockpit?
- In what ways are the cockpit comfortable for the pilot?
- Where’s the toilet on board?
- How does the pilot communicate with his team?
- How do the team know if the pilot is ok?
Have a great weekend!!
The cockpit is designed around the requirements of the longest and most challenging flights: 5 days and 5 nights across the Pacific Ocean. Discover the pilot’s living environment by watching what it’s like to be in the pilot’s seat.