Here’s an interesting video that describes what happens to a plane when it’s struck by lightning.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What do the pilots notice during a lightning strike according to Alex Passerini?
- What effects are there to a plane’s systems after a strike?
- How are planes designed to cope with lightning strikes?
- What objects on the tail and trailing edges help the lightning to exit the plane?
- What else do they help with?
- What visible damage can be left on a plane after a lightning strike?
Have a great weekend!
Find out more: www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/roo-tales