Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- They don’t notice anything dramatic, just a quick flash of light.
- There aren’t any noticeable effects to a plane’s systems after a strike.
- They’re designed to allow the flow of electricity to pass through the plane and dissipate off the trailing edges of it.
- Objects called static wicks are used to help electricity exit the plane.
- They also help with the discharge of static electricity that accumulates on the plane.
- Small burn marks can be left on a plane after a lightning strike, which aren’t an issue according to Alex.