This week’s video explains why aircraft are mostly painted white and answers why airlines decide to paint an aircraft at all. Watch to find out why.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- How are planes which have just rolled out of the factory but haven’t had a paint job yet?
- Approximately how much paint is applied to an A380 during its paint job?
- Why are nice detailed paint jobs inefficient for companies?
- How did American Airlines’ polished aluminium look cost them money?
- What are the advantages of a white paint job?
- What rumours suggest a white paint job may be better in an unexpected way?
- What’s the main reason planes are painted white?
- What was special about Concorde’s paint job?
Have a great weekend!
INSTAGRAM FLYWITHCAPTAINJOE: https://goo.gl/TToDlg MY WEBSITE: https://goo.gl/KGTSWK ►STAY INFORMED: https://goo.gl/ByheuP ◄ NEW FACEBOOK PAGE: https://goo.gl/heUKGb ——————————— ▼▼My FLIGHT-KIT I highly recommend for you guys▼▼ MY HEADSET: https://amzn.to/2CrTrzz MY SUNGLASSES: https://amzn.to/2VY6FNo MY PILOT BAG: https://amzn.to/2DiWKux Company iPad: https://amzn.to/2W1zM2n ▼▼The VIDEO EQUIPMENT I use in my studio and outdoors▼▼ MY CAMERA: https://amzn.to/2T1VK3g LIGHTING: https://amzn.to/2szSRv4 IN-FLIGHT RECORDINGS: https://amzn.to/2VY7A0g ———————————- Why are most planes painted white?