This week’s video describes why modern planes fly at their current speed and not faster.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What monumental barrier was broken by commercial aircraft in 60s?
- Why didn’t this breakthrough last?
- What speed do modern wide-body aircraft fly at?
- What characteristics of planes have changed since 60s?
- What reason is there for medium-sized planes to fly a little faster?
Have a great weekend!
TechZone ► https://goo.gl/Gj3wZs Perhaps you’ve heard that lately planes are flying way too slow. After all, if you can launch a Tesla into space, why not make planes a little faster? Some people think that it is the fault of lazy engineers and designers who don’t want to create something better.