This week’s video describes the use the term ‘mayday’. How did people choose that expression? Watch the video to find out more.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What were the criteria when choosing a word to indicate an emergency?
- Why was the word ‘help’ not chosen?
- What languages were though about in selecting the word?
- How many times should the word ‘mayday’ be used to indicate an emergency, and why?
- What expression should be used in a case of urgency, but not emergency?
- What does SOS mean?
Have a great weekend!
→Subscribe for new videos every day! https://www.youtube.com/user/TodayIFoundOut?sub_confirmation=1 →How “Dick” came to be short for ‘Richard’: https://youtu.be/BH1NAwwKtcg?list=PLR0XuDegDqP2Acy6g9Ta7hzC0Rr3RDS6q Never run out of things to say at the water cooler with TodayIFoundOut! Brand new videos 7 days a week!