Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- His tools include; binoculars, hawk traps and several firearms.
- He uses these tools to deal with bird or mammal activity around the runways and the approach and departure corridors of the airport.
- It varies seasonally, so he isn’t doing the same thing all the time.
- He uses the car horn to try to scare the birds away.
- No it isn’t. The trap has a soft netting to prevent injury to the bird.
- Propane cannons.
- He uses the red type, a ‘banger’, which sounds like a loud explosion, and the yellow type, a ‘screamer’, which makes a very high-pitched noise that lasts longer.